Question

Painfull Coccyx
In October 2002 my 17 year old daughter was playing soccer when an extremely heavy girl bulldozed into her from the front and she landed on her rear end ........She was in agony and went to the doctor.
The doc said that her coccyx was badly bruised and possibly even cracked......She was told that it was pointless going for x-rays as nothing could be done.
She was told to sit on a doghnut shaped cushion and that in a few weeks the pain would subside.
3 months down the line her coccyx is still very painful .....she finds sitting on a chair or at her desk very difficult & painfull.

Is there anything that can be done to relieve her discomfort ?

Lia, personally I think knowing that the coccyx is broken or not by taking an x-ray will help give peace of mind. If it is broken she will have to grin and bear it or if there is severe displacement, have the small piece removed. If there is no sign of an injury, you will have to start looking at alternative causes of the pain. Good luck.