Ask an expert

06 Mar 2003

painfull / pleasure
Dear GynaeDoc.

I was just wondering what the symptoms of Endometrisis are? Is there symptoms that one can look for.

My partner and I have been together now for almost 5 years, and have always had a healthy sex life. Recently it has been painfull for me afterwards. What I mean with that is I have this incredible burning in my vaginal area after sexual intercourse. It does not happen every time but is very painfull when it does. It goes away but I now fear having sex because of the pain. Should I be conserned about anything or do you think we should just use lubrication?

PLease advise.

Answer 360 views

01 Jan 0001

The symptoms of endometriosis are abdominal pain, bad period pains, heavy periods and /or infertility.
If the pain you are having is near the outside, i.e. soon after he enters you, a lubricant is a good idea. If it is deep inside, you should have a gynae check to exclude cysts or problems with the uterus.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.