Question

Palpitations
Dear Doc

My daughter is 15 year old. Today for the first time she experienced a "pins & needles sensation in her chest and thereafter experienced palpitations for about a minute.
She is in grade 10, under no stress at present. Sleeping patterns are normal.
She weighs 40 kgs and is finely built. When she was 22 months old she broke her left femor. Often experiences pain in her leg with pins and needles which also effects her foot.
Should I panic about the experience today.
Many thanks

Paranoid Mom

Carol, I think you can safely ignore it until it happens again. If it happens again the best would be to take her to the doctor just to make sure it’s not due to something serious like anaemia, thyroid problems, heart problems, etc. Good luck.