Question

panic attacks/blood pressure
I was diagnosed with panick attacks a few months ago and started to get it under control. In the last week I had a few attacks but when I feel it coming i try to control it. A doctor took my blood pressure yesterday and it was 139/98. She said it was high due to anxiety, but now I'm worried again-starting the panic attacks again. Was my blood pressure ok or am I to worry about it?

Janie, I wouldn’t worry about the blood pressure if I were you. The best would be to have it taken in a month or so and see what it is. If it stays high you can always do something about it then. It’s not like the blood pressure you have is going to kill you within the next 10 years – it’s more a case of preventing problems when you’re old more than anything else. Good luck.