Question

panic disorder while pregnant
good evening

im 25 years old and pregnant with my second child. i have suffered from panic attacks for many years but have managed to control them with help from sedatives. but now that im pregnant and labour is looming i am bcomming increasingly anxious. is there anything that can be taken to control anxiety levels to avoid panic attacks for the last month of my pregnancy? please help im at my wits end

OI'm certain that you can be helped, but you MUST see a specialist psychiatrist and not a GP or gynae, to assess your condition and to review possible treatments in view of your pregnancy, as not all treatments would be adviseable during pregnancy. Sedatives should NEVER be used long-term to treat panic attacks as there are far more effective treatments you should have had long ago. Apart from other meds ( which, as I say, need to be considered carefully to take your pregnancy into account ) CBT counselling can help a lot to control anxiety and panic, and would have no risks to the pregnancy