Question

Pap Smear
I went to the Gynae on Monday last week and he said he also want of perform Pap smear to see if there are any chances of getting cancer. I often hear other ladies saying the Gynae takes a swab of the cervical cells and sent to a lab for analysis. In my case the Gynae sent me to the Pathologist and they only just took my blood sample instead of the Gynae taking a swab of the cervical cells. I'm only getting the resuts in two weeks time although the Pathologist said he will send the results to the Gynae after 2 days. Ladies please help me 'cause I'm just worried if it can also be done this way.

You need a pap smear not a blood test to detect cervical cancer.