Question

paraplegic brother, depressed and worrie
recently my 21 year old brother became a paraplegic. It has taken a huge toll on our family and he is taken it badly. How do I help him? What can I do to motivate him and give him hope?

My relationship with my partner is also rocky and I just feel like I can't cope with it all. Should I ask my Doc to prescribe something to help me cope?

I would think that good practical counselling could help you, and also could help him considerably. I think counselling would probably help you better to improve your ability to cope, than would medication. For a young person, it can take quite a while to adjust to such a horrible transformation in their life and expectations. I wonder if the neuro unit where he was, or the neurologist, knows of a support group for young paraplegic's, or maybe someone experienced at being so disabled who could visit him and offer him some supoport as well as a good example ?