Ask an expert

23 Aug 2010

Paraplegic or not
I crushed a part of my upper leg in 1988. A part of my hip was planted in my upper leg.
This was held in place by a steel plate of 27,02 cm. It was removed after two years.
I visited docters, fisio’ s and ortopedic surgeons. None of them ccould help me to determine the persentage (paraplegic) disability of my leg. This is not only for my place of work, but also for taking part in paraplegic sport. Can you asisst me with contact persons who will be albe to help me. Thank you, F.
Answer 892 views
Handicap Expert
Handicap Expert

01 Jan 0001


I suggest that you consult a occupational therapist, in order to determine your level of disability.


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17863 votes