Question

PARESTHESIA / TINGLING / NUMBNESS
I HAVE SUFFERED FROM NUMBESS, TINGLING, LEFT SIDED CHEST PAIN, OCCASIONAL MUSCLE STIFFNESS AFTER VERY LIGHT EXERTION, IT SEEMS TO BE MORE NOTICEABLE ON MY LEFT SIDED CHEST AREA AND IN MY FEET. THIS HAS BEEN SINCE APRIL AND STARTED SUDDENLY. I HAVE SEEN COUNTLESS DOCTORS, SPECIALISTS, NEUROLOGISTS, HAD 2 MRI'S, ETC ETC, AND NO ON CAN TELL ME WHY THIS IS HAPPENING. MY MOTHER HAS RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS AND I WAS WONDERING IF THIS COULD BE THE START OF IT. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD ANNUAL RHEUMATOID LEVELS DONE AND WHEN MY SYMPTOMS STARTED 6 MONTHS AGO MY LEVEL WAS 19, APPARENTLY ANYTHING FROM 20 IS CONSIDERE TO BE RA - WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE.

Annette, it is difficult to make a diagnosis without being able to examine you first. I assume you heart has been checked and that it is OK. Your symptoms might be due to a connective tissue disease or even a neurological disorder, but I suppose you have seen a rheumatologist and a neurologist and they both said you were OK. Maybe the best would be for you to tall me which specialists you saw and which tests were done and then we take it from there. Please post your reply as a new question to ensure that I receive it. Good luck.