Question

Partial numb knee with seering hot pain on kneeling
My knee has developed a totally numb area on the outer side of the knee, the numbness varies in intensity with an area the size of a R5 coin totally numb. If I kneel then a seering hot pain coarses through the same area as the numbness is (not on the area in contact with the ground) and also if I run my hand up the front edge of the knee the same thing happens. The area that the pain is felt is not sore to the touch only when I run my hand up from the shin towards the patella. This has been going on for a while and is only getting worse with odd pain being felt now while standing. Is my back causing this pain or is it the knee itself, I do have some major problems with my back (lower, mid and neck). Thank you
ChiroDoc
ChiroDoc

Hi Sharon
Sounds like this is an actual knee problem - your GP should be able to diagnose and refer you for appropriate care. Alternately - If you have back problems I would recommend a chiropractor as soon as possible. In some instances, a knee problem through altering the mechanics of running, walking etc - could influence the lower back. A chiropractor could thus also determine where your problem originated and whether you require any referral.