Question

patch vs pil

I was on a variety of pills for three years with severe side-effects. I spotted on yasmine, I had migranes on Minerva, I picked up 2 kilo''s each month on somethine else - can''t remember the name now?

Then after three years of hectic struggling I went to a gynae - which I hated - no offense  )

I wasn''t sexually active, but was on the pill because the doctors thought that I was developing endomitrioses? So going to the gynae and being examined was just horrible for me.

Anyway, the gynae then prescribed Minesse, which I''ve been using without any issues for over a year now. I also go married in the meantime, and I don''t want to get pregnant... So far so good.

A couple of days ago a friend told me that she is using the patch now. I didn''t even know that we had a patch in SA yet.

So now I''m wondering who would be a candidate for the patch? Obviously the patch should be more reliable, since you can''t forget to take it? And it shouldn''t have side-effects, since it doesn''t need to get digested by your body?

If I can I would like to rather use the patch? I should be able to get a prescription from my GP?

What do you think about the patch? And do you think it''s better than taking the pill?
Thanks for your time :)

The indications for the use of the patch are the same as for the Pill. You would still have to remember to change the patch once a week. Side effects aren't particularly differnt from the Pill as the hormones are still absorbed by the body. The one which might be less is nausea. If you have no problems with the Pill you are taking, I would suggest that you stick with it. You don''t know how you will react to the patch.