Question

pathology question
hi. I understand you're standing in for the pathologist at present. I am due to have my annual checkup, including blood tests for female hormones (I am perimenopausal), insulin resistance, thyroid levels, cholesterol (always normal so far) etc.Previously I have always had pinprick tests for sugar and cholesterol- is this enough to tell whether I have raised cholesterol or insulin resistance, or is it more reliable if i fast and have full blood count? and then do they have to let me eat and test again,for sugar? or is one test enough? And the female hormones- how many hours/days before do I have to stop taking black cohosh (plant remedy that controls hot flushes). And thyroid- how many hours/ days before do I have to stop taking eltroxin? Or do I keep taking it and just tell them? I ask all this because the nurses who take blood don't seem to know much.Also, what blood test should I have for fatigue?
HIV Counsellor

Hi Mo!

Sorry for the confusion. I am most certainly not standing in for the pathologist and am by no means qualified to do so! If someone is standing in for him/her, health24 would have aranged for that person to administer that forum.

I hope you get the information you need!

Good luck!
Laurent