Question

PCOS
I have suffered most of my adult life (20 ish years) with PCOS. It has been so awful and the side effects are horrible. Losing weight is almost impossible even when I am hardly eating anything and I am struggling. Would going onto a birth control pill help me to lose weight. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marl

PCOS is associated with a metabolic disease, called diabetes mellitus type II. You will have to consult your doctor to exclude diabetes and if present, it should be treated. Diabetes can be the reason for you struggling to loose weight. You should also consult a dietrician for a diet and please remember to do 45 minutes of cardiovascular exercise, four to five times a week.