Ask an expert

14 Mar 2004

pcos and fertility doc
Hope you could help me. have been diagnosed with pcos over 4 yrs back. had numerous laprascopies, also not ovulating, very insulin resistant. normal gynee imgrated and refered me to fertility doc. saw him and said that before we start with any treatment. wants me to loose a few kg's. so sent me away and said come back in 6 months. has been 10 months. my normal gp did blood tests other day and send results to this gynee. he phoned and said that my insulin levels are alarmingly high. says that i must take glucophange 1 twice a day and come back in three months. have not had period for 4 months and i got a cyst. should i go 2 see gynee and ask for him to see what he suggests or should i just stay away the 3 months and then go back??? i am so desperate.... please help
Answer 355 views

01 Jan 0001

I would agree with the advice that you were given. Take the glucophage and also stick to a diabetic type diet and see your gynaecologist in three months.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.