Question

peel on operation
Hi. I am planning on getting a neostrata chemical peel for darks marks left after pimples. I am 40 and not sure how many peels are required. I had a thryoid operation around 7 months ago and was wondering if it is safe to use the peel over the operation and would it assist in removing the scar..
Anti-ageing expert
anti-ageing expert

Hi A, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

It should be 100% safe to use the NeoStrata peel over the scar considering it has been 7 months. However if the scar is raised, red, or looks inflamed one should avoid placing the peel over that area (one can use Vaseline to protect the scar during the treatment).

The response to the pigmentation will vary from patient to patient but I would definitely use a good SPF (50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide) and the Brightening Cream and Pigment Lightening Gel. I would definitely try a minimum of 6 peels before deciding on an alternate route. Ultimately one may need to consider technology based treatments such as IPL and fractional skin resurfacing for complete removal.