Question

penile fracture
I have been diagnosed with a penile fracture.How do I solve this problem? Drugs or surgery?

Dear Zilver,
The 'fracture' is actually a tear in the tunica albuginea, the thick fibrous coat surrounding the "corpora cavernosum" tissue that produces an erection. It can be treated by:
pain relief
ice packs (always cover with a cloth before applying to skin)
support - tight underpants
anti-inflammatory drugs.

This treatment has satisfactory results in about 80 per cent of patients but in the rest, residual pain and deformity may lead to difficulty with sex. If so, you need a urethrogram (a x/ray test that shows whether the urethral tube is intact) to exclude urethral damage

If the urethra (the tube that you use for passing urine) is not damaged, any collection of blood (haematoma) is drained and repair is carried out to the damaged corpora and tunica by surgery.
Urethral injuries should always be repaired but urethral stricture (narrowing) occurs long term in up to 20 per cent of men after surgery. - they have to go back to have the urethra stretched.