Question

Period
Dear Doc, my husband and I have decided to have a second child this year. I had my last injection round about October, after I’ve been using it form February of 2006 (I did not use any contraception before that, for about a year before that and was on the pill before that). My problem is that as from end January until now (March) I have been on my period. It will go away for a day or two and just appear again. It’s not a constant flow, but it comes in drips and drabs, some days it’s more than others, other days I a slight flow for two days straight. The color varies form being very dark to being light (it’s very light when I have a constant flow). Also my breast is really tender all the time- not uncomfortable and irritating, just tender. Could this be because of my period? Do you think there is anything to be concerned about? Should I rather consult with my Doc?
My plan was to fall pregnant by this month and at this rate it does not seem like it going to happen for me now!

Thanking you in advance for you time!!!!
GYNAEDOC

Unfortunately irregular bleeding can occur when coming off the injection. Have a look at the Top 5 questions on falling pregnant after stopping contraception.