Question

Period after giving birth
I gave birth 11 weeks ago. I had my period for 2 weeks then it went away. Upon my check-up with my gynae, he gave me the injection DEPO. A few days passed then my period started again. Its now 3 weeks. It is not as much as it was in the beginning, but I still have a bloody and sometimes brown discharge. I sometimes also get pains in my abdominal area. When I phoned my doc, she said it's normal and I have to wait until my next injection. Should I be worried? I was told that you don't get your period while you are on the injection. Please help with any advise. Thank you in advance.

Many women have irregular bleeding after the first dose of Depo. This often settles after the second injection.