Question

period and drugs
Hi there Doc

I went to the doctor last week with a serious backache. I received a voltaren injection with cortizone. Can this cause my period to be late? (I know I am not pregnant) The reason for my curiosity is that I am going to Italy in a months time and if I started on the due date I would have had my period before I leave. I am not an any preventative medication.

Any advice?

Dear Wonderwhy,
The cortisone injection could maybe have affected your cycle. If you don’t want to menstruate while on holiday, ask your doctor to prescribe Primolut N to extend the menstruation for a few days?