Question

Period Late

I am wondering if you would be able to help me. Twice last year my period was very late. Once in January, about 20+ days late, and then again in about October, about 2 weeks late.

I was due to come on last week Thursday, and my period has not yet arrived. Other months my period is very accurate, and I come on every 28 days. I am overweight, carrying about 40 kilos extra, I am 29. I am currently on a diet and starting to exercise, I was wondering if the weight could be causing the delays every couple of months. I am not on any birth control, and I have done some reading up on PCOS, and I don’ t seem to have any other system like acne or facial hair, I do have a few very tiny skin tags, but they are barely noticeable, but I think those are genetic as my mom and gran have them.
Please can you shed some light.

It sounds like every now and then you do not ovulate and then have a delayed period. This could be related to your weight. Maybe the first thing to do would be to see if your problem resolves when you lose weight. If not, see your gynae.