Question

Period pains
Hi Doc.I've had mensturational pains since the beggining of it.I've gone 2 clinic & doctors and they gave me tablets & even suggested that I use contaceptive pills but they can't help.They don't say what it is.Cn u help.

Nono, sometimes we can’t find out what the cause of the painful menstruation is, but you have to be worked out completely by a good gynaecologist before you resort to just taking painkillers. You might have endometriosis, so you will also have to have a laparoscopy. In the meantime you can go on the pill, take Royl 6® daily and take Ponstan® 500mg, 3 times a day from the day before your period starts until the pain subsides. Good luck.