Question

Period Problem

i urgently need your help regarding my periods. I am currently on Triphasil (28) and have been for the past 2.5 years. The problem is, for the past 3 months i've had "spotting or a normal period" about 2 weeks before i'm supposed to start! (it's usually when i'm taking the white tablet - if that means anything?) Last month i actually had my "spotting (was brown but this time it's red)" for 2 weeks then i had my period for another 5 days!
Is this normal, it's never happened before! I take my tablets as i am supposed to and my fiancé and i still make love as usual.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!
<Thanking you in advance!>

The spotting may be unrelated to the Pill and may be due to a problem with the cervix or uterus. This can be assessed with an internal examination and pap smear. If these are normal, you may be having breakthrough bleeding. This should be corrected by using a pill with a higher dose of oestrogen.