Question

Periods and ovulation/pregnancy
Dear Doc

After the birth of my baby in Oct last year i had my periods again on 6th December. I then had my period on 7th January. I know for a fact i ovulated on 22 January because i had the slippery discharge as described in previous postings. we tried for a baby on the 23rd. I was due to come on again on Wednesday 4th Feb but didn't. I only started bleeding last night, Thursday 12th Feb.

What causes a period to be this late? I did a pregnancy test but it was negative and my doctor did blood tests on monday 9th but they showed nothing and told me to come back on Friday 13th (today) if i had not had my periods yet. but of course i got them last night so didn't go.

Please explain what could cause this as we really want a baby.

Many thanks in advance

You may not have ovulated. The discharge is not a foolproof way of diagnosing ovulation.