Question

Persian Cat Ears
Good Morning CV
I recently acquired a purebreed Persian Kitten. She is now 4 months old.
Last night she finally let me have a look in her ears (I was just curious and wanted to see what her ears looked like - as she does not use them for listening :-) She kept flattening them against her head when I tried previously. Anyway, I noticed hard crusty bits in her ears. I managed to pull a piece out with my nail, and upon closer inspection I saw a tiny moving thing on the crusty piece.
This morning I phoned my vet, and he told me that it is normal for long haired cats to have ear mites living in their ears, and that it is only a problem if their population gets out of control ????????

Now, I am looking for your opinion on this matter, as I am not sure that I am too happy with the fact that it is "  normal"  for my kitten to have nooshes living in her ears.
And, plus I am not looking forward to doing Ear Mite stock counts to check if the population is expanding !!!!!

Thanks in advance for your input.

Dear Natasha

In my opinion it is not normal to have ear mites in a cat. Treat the cat with Revolution for thew ear mites and buy a cleaner as well to flush the dead mites out.