Question

Persistant cough
Hi - had flu in September with a bad plegmy cough, and the cough continued for a few weeks afterwards because I had a post nasal drip caused by hayfever season. I took some anti hay fever meds and they helped. However, it is now December and I am still coughing, although it seems to be linked to heavy smoking binges. Is my persistant cough something to be concerned about? Could I have something serious or is it just the smoking (therefore not something I can do much about :)

Dear Angus,
Any cough that does not go away, especially if you are a smoker, warrants further investigation like a x/ray of your chest. Please go to your GP and check - could be chronic bronchitis, even cancer or asthma.