Question

Perspiration Complaint
I am a mid 20's female with a very embarrassing perspiration problem. I have used every deodorant and anti perspirant on the market. Nothing seems to help. I drink at least 3 litres of water a day and eat a very healthy diet. When I excercise I am drenched within 2 minutes. My shirts are all stained under the armpits and nothing can seem to remove these stains. Please can you reccomend a deodorant that can help me, or a solution to my problem. I have really reached the end of my tether.

Embarrassed, assuming that you’re not overweight, don’t suffer from a thyroid problem, adhere to the accepted hygiene regimens and that you’re in good general health, you might suffer hyperhidrosis. This is basically excessive perspiration due to over activity of the sweat glands. It usually occurs in otherwise healthy persons and is confined to the palms, soles, axillae, inframammary regions, or groin. Treating the underlying cause is a lot easier than to try and treat the hyperhidrosis itself. If there is no underlying cause, you can try using an aluminium chloride containing antiperspirant (Drichlor®).
If you’re interested you can mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send you some more info on it. Good luck.