Question

Pickled onions
Hi Doc,

I would like to know- Are pickled onions ok to eat everyday. I absolutely love them, that sour pickle taste is soo pleasing to me. I have experienced a little heart burn in the past, and i suspect its from them (Rennies help). But besides that, is it damaging to eat these little delights? I mean i go thru these cravings and i can eat almost a whole bottle of them in a day! If i could i'd probably eat two bottles of them if i could. I just wanna know is these ok, or is the acid harmful to my system? Thanks alot for your time.

Dear CR
Basically there is nothing wrong with eating pickled onions, but eating any food in excess can cause problems. You yourself have experienced heartburn which is most probably due to the onions, so just don't overdo things. Your body will let you know when you have eaten too many. Moderation is always the key!