Ask an expert

18 Jul 2005

P.I.D - adhesiolysis and tubal plasty. any medical cover?
i have just found out that i have P.I.D and my doctor wants me to have an operation called tubal plasty . is there any medical aid that will pay for this procedure as my main concern is the pain that this condition is causing. i would like to know why medical aids dont cover fertility as it is a medical condition when it interferes with your daily life?
Answer 407 views

01 Jan 0001

You would have to discuss this with your medical aid. They don't pay for prophylaxis, e.g. the Pill and what they consider situations which are not illnesses. You could make a case for payment for the adhesiolysis, which is the procedure which would help your pain. The tuboplasty would be considered as fertility management though.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.