Question

Pilates for ME and Fibromyalgia
Is pilates beneficial for ME and fibromyalgia sufferers? I would love to be able to do some form of excercise and relaxation technique that will also possible help with pain relief, I am in agony. I would really apprciate any advice, thank you.
Pilates instructor

Dear Karen

Both ME and fibromyalgia symptoms are reduced by some form of breathing, stretching and gentle exercise, all of which form part of a good Pilates programme. I would advise that you train with a Pilates Instructor that has other qualifications enabling them to properly determine the correct intensity of training for you. They need to programme exercise at a level that will promote health and not exacerbate inflammation, pain or exhaustion.

If you have medically related questions, you should check with your Rheumatologist before beginning any new treatment.

James