Question

Piles
Hi Doc,
I have piles for 14 years, I notice another 1 is busy developing. I am very constipated, today I went to the loo but it is so hard for me, eventually some stools did come out but little poo at a time. When ever i fart it is a sore/burning pain which also smells bad. I feel so uncomforatble at work. Please help me.

You will have to soften your stools by using two Softlax tablets at night, in combination with Solgar Multiple Fibre capsules (sold at health shops), two capsules, twice daily, as well as Laxette syrup, 20ml, twice daily for at least 7 days. You can use Schriproct suppositries and Proctocydil ointment for the treatment of your piles.

You can also consult a general surgeon for the removal of the piles and to have a colonoscopy done, to find the cause for your chronic constipation.