Question

piles. need to know
I would like to know how you feel when you have piles and if you can see it and what it looks like.

Justin, you will feel a swelling next to the anus. If you look with a mirror, you will see 1-3 swollen areas (like small berries) next to the anus. Passing stool might be painful and when you clean there might be blood on the toilet tissue. If you have any doubts, the best would be to consult your doctor. You can also mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send you something I wrote on the subject. Good luck.