Question

pilonidal cyst
Dear Doctor
My son of seventeen has just been diagnosed with a pilonidal cyst. The surgeon has recommended that is be surgically removed and stitched closed for twelve days with stitches that pull tighter thereby closing the area and preventing a possible reoccurrence. From the letters I have read posted on the web the probability of a recurrence seems quite high. What is the latest best option for this problem?

Charlie, complete surgical removal is still the treatment of choice. The chances of it repeating after it was completely removed, are slim. Good luck.