Question

Pinful Breasts
HI Doc

I've been having breast problems since my early teens, I'm now 24 and i still have these pains.My breast ache and they become hot and at times my chest becomes red and it itches.They also become swollen and when i hold them i can actually feel them aching esp in the night and when it's cold they get even worse.Now my arms are also painfull and my back.I've been to a doctor when i was 19 and he just said it was n
othing and he prescribed pain stops.I've noticed over they years they are getting worse.I've always had this lump near my armpit at the adge of the breast on my right but it doesn't bother me cause it's always been there all my life and it's so amll and hasn;t grown.My nipples also itch a lot i've squeezed then and nothing comes out.Please halp I don't know what it could be.

Please note the paind is always there whether it's before my periods or not.This is everyday of my life my breasta are panful.
Please help me doc and maybe suggest which doctor i can see who deals with breast problem around Joburg coz i don't have doc at the moment.
Hope you'll help me coz I'm really worried.

Virgo, the best person to see with mastalgia (pain in the breasts) is a surgeon. There are numerous causes for mastalgia and most of them are fairly easy to treat. I know that in the back of your mind you’re worried about cancer, but mastalgia is seldom the presenting symptom in someone with cancer. The best would be to see the surgeon and have it sorted out. Good luck.