Question

Pins and needles in hands/feet
I am a little worried about this symptom that I am experiencing more and more. Usually I have pins and needles in one hand at a time but somethimes in both. The frequency is a few times each day and lasting for 10-20 (sometimes longer) minutes at a time. Sometimes my feet are also involved. My peripheral pulses are good and so is sensation normal. I have not seen a Doctor as it is probably nothing. However, it is irritating and I would like to know what I can do to stop it. As a child I often had it but it seems to be getting more now. I cannot relate it to any activity. The only medication that I am on is Fluoxetine. Thanks

Alison, it might be that a nerve is being pinched somewhere, but there is also a small chance that it is due to a neurological problem and even a form of epilepsy. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.