Question

PINS & NEEDLES ON MY LEGS
DEAR DOC:

HI, I’VE GOT THIS PROBLEM OF HAVING PINS & NEEDLES VERY EASILY ON BOTH MY LEGS WHEN I SIT FOR LONG.
ESPECIALLY WHEN I SIT WITH MY LEGS CROSS.
IS THIS BECAUSE MY BLOOD CIRCULATION IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH? AND IS THERE A WAY TO CURE THIS?
I WILL BE APPRECIATE FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

Jay, I doubt that there is a problem with the circulation in your legs under normal circumstances. It probably just that the blood vessels get “kinked” when you sit with your legs crossed. Another reason might be that something like a ligament or a bony prominence presses on the nerves or blood vessels when you cross your legs. If you want definite proof that your legs are OK, you can have an ultrasound and Doppler studies done. Good luck.