Question

Plant Fasciatis
Hello Doc

I think that I have plant fasciatis.

I run and walk. Later at night I feel pain underneath my feet.
And this pain is still there when I awake in the morning. It' s not severe, and I didn' t really take much notice of it until I heard that there is a condition such as plant fasciatis.

Is what I am describing Plant Fasciatiis?

The pain is not sever, and usually goes away by itself once I get up and move about.
But I don' t want to develop a condition because I have ignored the signs and symptoms
I am reluctant to stop running and walking, though.
Will a better shoe help? Something with more cushioning and support?

Foot expert

Dear Meena

The condition you have described does sound like plantar fasciitis. It is a very common condition with loads of information regarding causes, treatment etc on this and other websites.

Weraing the right shoe is important as is stretching the calf muscles regularly. I would get a good running shoe, you need to have your foot assessed to find out what type of running shoe to get. A good running shoe shop would be able to help or you could visit a podiatrist.

Chris