Question

Plantaar Facitis = heal pain
My one heal started to pain and then after a few months the other one started as well. When I woke up in the mornings I could not walk so painful it was. Went to my GP and he said it is Plantaar Facitis. To stop the pain he can inject my heals with cortisone, but I must not even think of operating it. He also said I must never ever wear flat shoes or walk bare foot again. Don't even walk bare foot. From now on only green cross or froggie shoes. I bought Green Cross sandles and I must say it really made a differance. But still the pain is there. The pain got so bad that I went back to my GP and he injected my one heal. AND IT WAS A VERY PAINFUL INJECTION.

Will it remain for the rest of my life? What causes it. I played a lot of squash but due to an injury had to put a halt on that. Also skipped a lot.

Yes, I was wearing flat shoes but also shoes with a medium high heal.

I thought that the very high heals were bad for your feet! But I was wrong!!
Foot expert

Sorry for the delay in respomding I was O`seas
No this will not remain for the rest of your life, you need to do a few more things
1) You must see a podiatrist (call SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249)
2) YOu need physio
3) you must be patient this can be a resistant condition
4) High heels will help in the short term

Dont have any more cortisone injections until you have seen the physio