Question

Plantar Fasciitis - not going away
Hi Doc,

I am battleing with Plantar Faciitis after starting running again. I was running up to my 8 month during my pregnancy and then I substituted the running with spinning up until my last week. After my pregnancy I continued with the spinning and then slowly introduced the running. As I picked up the milage, I developed plantar faciitis. The podiatrist put padding in the heals of my running shoes, but this just seemed to make my heal slip out of the back of my running shoe. I continued to run and treat my heals with ice, but nothing has improved. I have now not run for alomst 3 weeks - but have gone back to spinning - hoping that the injury would get better, but it just doesn't. What else can I do besides stretch and ice and massage?

Many thanks
Theresa
physiotherapist

Hi Theresa

Can be linked to chronic stress, and it sounds like you are trying not to let your pregnancy and baby change your life. But of course that is exactly what they do!
Address this first, and second when you stretch your knee must be as straight as you can have it.
Douglas