Ask an expert

13 Dec 2002

Dear CyberDoc

I need to know what to do about an uneven upper lip. My upper lip is thinner on the right side thereof than on the left. This is particularly visible whenever I smile. I am not sure if it has always been like that or whether I was injured when, as a child, I was involved in a serious car accident. It is also possible that it could have been caused by a "botched" dental procedure. Do I need to have plastic surgery to have the problem repaired or are there any other, less invasive procedures available?
Answer 358 views

01 Jan 0001

Christin, if the function of your lip is normal, the easiest would be to have a collagen injection in the lip. It doesn’t require an operation or anaesthetic and also isn’t permanent (if you don’t like the effect). The best would be to speak to a plastic surgeon about it and see what he says. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.