Question

PLASTIC SURGERY?
Dear CyberDoc

I need to know what to do about an uneven upper lip. My upper lip is thinner on the right side thereof than on the left. This is particularly visible whenever I smile. I am not sure if it has always been like that or whether I was injured when, as a child, I was involved in a serious car accident. It is also possible that it could have been caused by a "botched" dental procedure. Do I need to have plastic surgery to have the problem repaired or are there any other, less invasive procedures available?

Christin, if the function of your lip is normal, the easiest would be to have a collagen injection in the lip. It doesn’t require an operation or anaesthetic and also isn’t permanent (if you don’t like the effect). The best would be to speak to a plastic surgeon about it and see what he says. Good luck.