Question

plateau
I am so frustrated, upset and don't know what to do. I first went to Weigh-Less in Nov 2001 weighing 71.4 kg. My goal weight was set at 60 kg. I then lost consistently until about May, when my weight loss slowed down to about 0.2 a week. I then got stuck betwen 63 and 64 with my weight fluctuating around this area. Then over past 3 months, my weight has graduaaly increased and I now weigh 66.8kg. However despite my increased weight, there has been no major change in my measurements -- up 1 or 2 cm on my hips and that's it! I don't feel like I've put on about 4 kg but apparently I have? What is going on? I follow the Weigh-Less diet religiously. I do 60 min cardio (kickbozing, boxing or cardio machines) 4 - 5 times a week and weights 2 - 3 times a week. I drink about 3 times a day. My doctor has tested me for thyroid and diabetes and both were normal. What is going on? My goal weight is getting further and further out of reach and I am getting more and more despondent! Please help me to understand and correct this problem.

B, it might be that you’re gaining some muscle and that this is the cause of your weight gain. It might also be that your kilojoule intake is still too high for you to reach your target weight. The best would be to stick to your diet for another 2 weeks and if you still don’t lose weight, to see your dietician. Good luck.