Question

Please advise
Dear Doc, happy new year.

I wrote a few weeks ago complaining of symptoms: (from most common to least common) intermittent bouts of light-headedness, nervouseness, fatigue, tremor inside, clammy hands & feet. One morning, after drinking two glasses of wine the night before, I woke up with heart palpitations and anxiety and actually went for a ECG. My heart is healthy and it was obviously a slight anxiety attack - it took me over a week to recover completely from this episode and still sometime have a slightly sore chest (flu-like). Now I am feeling a little better but still suffer from the first three symptoms from time to time. I have cut out alcohol, sugar and caffeine which seems to have helped.

I have been to two doctors had blood tests and urine tests and they have ruled out thyriod and a reaction to a virus. What they did pick up was slightly high levels of biliruben in my blood and diagnosed slight Gilbert's syndrome.

I am however still dubious whether this is low blood sugar (seems very symptomatic). I am happy to leave it and see if it heals on its own but am dying to feel normal again. I have considered visiting a physician for more general tests or a dietictian for a low blood sugar glucose test (4hrs). What would you suggest? If I have more tests what would one test for?

Thank you kinldy

Dizzy, your symptoms might be due to the Gilbert’s syndrome, but if you want to be absolutely sure a specialist physician would be the best person to see. Good luck.