Ask an expert

13 Jun 2011

Please advise
Dear Doc
Recently when my husband and I have intercourse, either he or I, or both of us, develop what I can only assume is thrush. I get itchy, which is relieved by using Caneston and he gets small red spots on the head of his penis and complains of itchiness.
This doesn''t happen everytime we have intercourse, but probably every third time. It''s becoming quite uncomfortable to the point where we dread the after-effects of having intercourse, and considering we''re TTC at the moment, it''s not a good place to be in.
Please advise if there is anything we can do?
Thank you
Answer 378 views

01 Jan 0001

You should both be treated for thrush else you will keep reinfecting each other. Also look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrences.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18773 votes