Question

Please assist with my Exercise Plan
Hi Doc,

I need your view on my plan. I currently weigh 84kgs and I''m 1.71m tall. I need to reduce my body fat % from 21%. My program is as follows:

I wake up to 35 to 40 mins of Tae-Bo at home.
In the afteroon I do weights as follows:
Mon and Thurs - Chest and Biceps
Tues and Friday - Back and Triceps
Wed - Lower Body

I also walk after doing the weight at 13% incline at 6kms/h for 15mins.

Please advise on whether this will work is cutting my weight and body fat.

Philani

Hi Philani

It's a start. How long have you been doing it for? I think it will take you some way towards your goal and so until you've done that, you should probably keep going at it.

I think at some point in the future, you might look at increasing the cardio component. That walk in the afternoon could evolve into a run, and also one at a lower gradient. I think 13% is very high, you might try it at 4 or 5% and jog rather than walk at 6km/hour. But these are tinkering. Like I say, I'd say start out with this because it's a good start, and then see what you can change later.