Question

Please help
iam 21 and iam over weight. only by about 10kg. it really bugs me. iam a chef, so theres always food around me!!!!! i cant find a decent man because iam to fat!!! i need a quick way to loose weight. do laxatives work? i cant afford all these pills. please help

Dear Berry
It is not a good idea to try and lose weight rapidly because you will gain it all back once you stop taking slimming pills or using starvation diets. The use of laxatives to achieve weight loss is self-defeating because you are actually only losing water and once you replenish your body stores, that 'weight' will return. You did not gain this weight overnight, so it is unrealistic to want to lose it in a few short weeks. Slow and steady is the answer to permanent weight loss. To lose weight, you need to eat a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy), and combine it with regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming). It is not really necessary to consume all kinds of pills and potions to lose weight - they just cost a lot and don't deliver the goods in the long run. As a chef you can be highly creative when it comes to preparing delicious low-fat meals, so get cooking the right way.