Question

Please help!
Me and my husband got married 2 weeks ago. We want to have children by the end of the year. I am on the Pill at the moment. How long after stopping taking the pill can I get pregnant or does it work immediately? I have also never been to a Gynea. I'm too scared. Should I stop taking the pill? Please help??!!

Most women do not fall pregnant in the first 3 months after stopping the Pill (though a few do). Thereafter, the time to falling pregnant varies, anything from a month to a year. You should have regular gynae checks once you are sexually active.