Ask an expert

13 Aug 2010

Hi! I want to file for divorce, my husband is a strip club junkie (2 - 3 times a week), has been unfaithful, lies about working and then going off on weekends to hotels and lodges. I was bullied by him and his family lawyer when we got married into and ANC of Out of Community of Property without Accruel. Being very much in love, although not happy, I signed. Now after years of physical and emotional abuse I want out. I know what the law states about the specific ANC we have entered into but I have been a housewife for 11 years, while he behaved like a batchelor. Can''''t believe I lasted this long. Is there a loophole in the law where I can claim certain assets or moneys. Why must my kids and I suffer because of him, he is the one who wrecked our lives, not me. Please advise. Thank you, Rene
Answer 293 views
Family law expert
family law expert

01 Jan 0001

If you were married as mentioned after 1984 you claim will only be for personal maintenance and for maintenance of the children. I would suggest that you find yourself an attorney who can negotiate a lump sum payment as a form of a maintenance payment.

Bertus Preller
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.