Ask an expert

21 Jan 2009

please help me
Hi Doc, i' m really depressed i' ve been struggling with candida for a year now and as i discussed with you before the bad ezema that i have too, my gyni doesn' t know what to do for me anymore and refering me to a dermatologist or an "  internis"  i have even tried a dietician but that hasn' t worked either, i really thinking something is major wrong inside me, i feel bloated most of the time i don' t know what to change anymore. Whom can i see or whom can help me i live in pretoria north and i do have medical aid. I' m desperate its even intefering in my marriage.
Answer 221 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Annie
I agree with your dr that you must see a Dermatologist for the bad eczema you are suffering from. When you see the Dermatologist ask him/her about your candida. The bloating could well be due to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which needs to be treated by a physician ("internis"). As I just said to the previous Reader who calls herself 'Desperate', anxiety and stress are among the major factors in IBS and eczema, so discuss with your doctors if you should also consult a clinical psychologist to help you learn relaxing techniques to reduce the IBS symptoms.
So do things in stages: 1) see the Dermatologist first and tell him/her about your eczema and candida problems. 2) see the physician about the IBS and ask him/her about getting some therapy to help you relax.
Hope you soon feel better
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9328 votes
67% - 18828 votes