Ask an expert

02 Aug 2006

Please help me DR!!
I have mentioned previously that I think I suffer from Vaginisums. I want to fall pregnant but afraid of sex. I have being to you once before and tried what you recommended but nothing succeeded. Can you perhaps advise what else can be done. Maybe I need a muscle relaxer or some painkillers that will make me numb and then have sex without pulling stiff... This is reallly causing stress in my marriage. Please help.
N.B: Please not silly remarks, this is a medical chat room not an insult room.........
Await your urgent response.
Answer 296 views

01 Jan 0001

I am not a miracle worker and can't fix in one session. On average it takes up to 10 sessions over a period of 6 months. Write to me at

Good luck

E Mc
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9265 votes
66% - 17847 votes