Question

Please help me - My friend suffers from depression.
I have a friend who suffers from depression. I really want to help him through this.

Where do i start?
Please help me to help him.
Ok ive started with a few things telling about how great life is and i'm really trying hard to keep him positive.
I know it's easier said than done, but i'm not gonna lose this friend.

If this is a real Depression, the sort of support and encouragement you describe could help, but ONLY after he has seen a proper shrink for a proper assessment, and has started on proper gtreatment for Depression, if indeed that ist the problem. The best treatment could include medication and/or expert counselling. In that context, your support could be most valuable. On it's own, it probably won't be enough.