Question

Please inform??
This might sound harsh, but please shed some light on the subject?

Yesterday some girl told me that there is an over the counter pill available that could kill you in minutes. One pill placed under the tongue, and doef... you're dead!! IS THAT TRUE???

Second question. Why does a person die when you inject air into their veins. Does it hurt? Is it lethal?

I'm not planning on killing myself or anyone else for that matter, I SWEAR... I would just like to know cause these friends of mine must think I'm an idiot for not believing them, but I'm very sceptic.
Pharmacist
pharmacist

Various OTC drugs can be deadly if overdosed on, but none are indicated for killing you in minutes. Se may be referring to an incecticide to ratex? Otherwise is a MYTH

An air embolism, or more generally gas embolism, is a medical condition caused by gas bubbles in the bloodstream (embolism in a medical context refers to any large moving mass or defect in the blood stream). Small amounts of air often get into the blood circulation accidentally during surgery and other medical procedures, but most of these in veins are stopped at the lungs, and a venous air embolism that shows symptoms is very rare. Death may occur if a large bubble of gas becomes lodged in the heart, stopping blood from flowing from the right ventricle to the lungs (this is similar to vapor lock in engine fuel systems). However, the amount of gas necessary for this to happen is quite variable, and also depends on a number of other factors, such as body position.